Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Re-activation

Hopefully won't regressed to rants on life, just looking to have a repository for the wonderful hobbies which I love.

So anyway. About 3 months ago (or less?) I finally got myself into Flames of War.. and have been loving it since. There's nothing more satisfying that being able to relive those childhood exploits born from epic war movies, and FoW fits the bill perfectly in doing that. As it stands I've already gathered near on 3000 points worth of Early and Late War Germans put together and painted up and I dare say the excitement is still rearing up. Which brings me to my just finished, Junkers Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber.




Here's what I was gunning for.



Originally had mixed feelings about this one as my original estimation of Dark Angel green being the right green was quite a far way off. Figured I could dull away the bright green shine by dry brushing the entire DA surface with Catachan green and then washing it with a coat of Badab Black. Appreciate that the pro-painters out there might blanch at the technique but living up to the principle of it's straightforward, simple and on the better side of good enough for gaming I was actually rather pleased with the result. Especially when it means that my Mittlere Panzerkompanie for the upcoming EW Case Orange campaign at Legio is going to have some much welcomed air support.




No comments:

Post a Comment